Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Vegas Vacation


Viva Las Vegas!!!

As a Vegas first timer, I had no idea what to expect. I kept hearing from my friends how Las Vegas was a completely different world, and I couldnt wait to find out what that meant. I spent weeks preparing myself, or so I thought for a fun weekend getaway with my girlfriend who also hadnt ever been to Las Vegas. She likes the pools and the clubs, while I enjoy gambling.
Imperial PalaceOnce I scoured the internet for different Las Vegas hotel deal, I finally landed on a package deal that included my flight and hotel and saved a lot more than I expected. By the time the plane left Detroit for my first visit to sin city, I didn't know what to expect.
After we checked in at Imperial Palace, we headed up to our room. We had an impressive view of the strip for how much we paid, all from our balcony which was great because my girlfriend isn't a smoker like I am. Not the nicest room I have ever stayed at, but as far as Las Vegas hotels, I figured I could do much worse.
By the time we got dressed for the night, it was already dinner time. We ate at Kerry Simons KBG over at Harrah's which was awesome. Now we headed outside to wander around for a few hours before we went out to the club. The lights are amazing. We caught the Bellagio fountains and the volcano at the Mirage both of which were very cool. I was however amazed that there were people handing out these cards with half naked girls on them as if they were baseball cards. Only in Vegas.
We ended up being approached by many street promoters who were pushing different Las Vegas nightclub and hotel deal and ended up buying some passes off a guy who promised it would give us easy access with no cover to Tao nightclub. When we got to the club, I never imagined a nightclub could fit as many people as were in line. We walked to the door and showed them our passes when they promptly showed us the line we were supposed to get in unless we wanted a table. I had heard you need to tip guys like this so I made sure to slip him a couple $20s and he let us right to the front of the line. Funny how these places work. Inside was amazing, despite being so crowded it felt like you were always being ushered in one direction or another. The other thing of note is the drinks, at $10-15 each, we didn't stay too long.
On our walk back to Imperial Palace, my girlfriend convinced me to stop in this little outdoor bar called Carnival Court where they had a live band playing and flare bartending which was cool. The drinks were also much more reasonable priced, despite still being twice what I am used to back home. We had a great time though, and that's what is important.
By the time we made it back to the room, it was after 3 am and being on east coast time, was exhausted. Woke up the next afternoon and ordered room service to help with the hangover. We gambled until late again that night wandering up and down the strip until we had lost what we budgeted on gambling, especially loving that new slot machine about the "Hangover" movie.
As we checked out the next morning, I couldn't believe how fast my trip had gone by. There are so many more things that I feel like I didn't get to see. The next trip will be different, but until then I am back to comparing the weather in Detroit to Vegas and searching for new Las Vegas hotel deal.
Tao  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment